So 2007 is in full swing, and I can honestly say that I have left 2006 behind for good. This year has so many possibilities that I can't help but be excited about it!!
We already started looking into prices for Vegas, and have a couple of options. The first is going with some friends for a bachlorette party in mid-March. Another is going in late April/early May before I jump head first into bridesmaid duty (more about that in a minute). The final option is late summer, after the summer rush ends. I wish I could do all three. In fact, I keep thinking more and more about a one way trip there! I don't know if it is because I just loved being there so much, or if it was because I promised my parents that I would leave all my family woes on Canadian soil and have the time of my life. ANYWAY - back to where I am - in a cube - a la Dilbert!!
So, as I mentioned before, I am going to be a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding. She and her fiance have been engaged since 1987... well more like 2004, but it seems so much longer than that. I remember when she told me - 07-07-07 - that seemed like years and years ago. And now here we are - the first of the 07's!
They have kind of a tropical/elegant island theme. The girls are all wearing the same dress, but in different colours. I am blue-jay blue. The dresses are really beautiful. And they should be, because we have been looking for them since 1987 as well. Okay, May 2006. ...So I exaggerate sometimes... The dresses will look really good on all the girls, except me, I think. They are strapless and well, I kinda need straps, if ya know what I mean. Karla said that I can add straps, but I think that I need a holster or something.
I think I kinda freaked my cousin out last week when I was there. I was asking her a bunch of questions - what shoes? what jewelry? shawls? when to wrap the bombonieres? etc... I need to slow down and remember that I am not planning this wedding. I can't take over and make decisions. The best I can do is offer my suggestions, but mainly just offer my services whenever she needs me and especially on 07-07-07!!!!
Couple of other things - my dad came over on the weekend to hang all my pictures and wall accessories. My mom came too, and so did Lori and Bianca. The condo was full and Bianca was a big help to my dad. He would put the hammer down, and she would pick it up. The same can be said for the tape measure, the pencil, the drill bits and picture hanging thingys. She figured out how to turn on the power drill. I know you are asking yourself, 'Why would we let her play with a power drill?" and the answer is, we didn't. My dad put it down and she was sitting beside him (as soon as you sit on the floor, she sits beside you, in front of you, on top of you, etc.). So, she scooped it up and we though, "okay, it's not on" and then she turned it on. We laughed and grabbed for the drill all at the same time, and all she said was "Nonno, Nonno" because it belonged to him!
Lori and I are going to start to work out. We are going to use the gym in my building. Since technically, I am paying for it, I might as well use it! Nothing crazy, but we are going to try and get ourselves loosely resembling our yester-years... I wrote it down, so now I have to stick to it. I can't act like it never happened cause now it is on paper. And I told the girls at work as well. It's out there, so now I have to do it. But more importantly, I WANT to do it.
It's the last little (maybe not so little) bit of 2006 that I need to get rid of!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PAULA!
Welcome to the world of blogging! Isn't it fun!? Complaining (or rejoicing) as little or as much as you want, and then sending it to all who may find it interesting!
I'm with you on the working out in 2007. I should have started in 1982, when the bulge was still new. I'm stretching my resoluation to get fit straight into 2031. It took me 24 years to build it, so it may take me that long to lose it. But, as for you...GO GIRL. I'm sooo jealous of your awesome gym at your swanky new condo. Like you said, you pay for it, so you might as well use it!
I miss you already! I don't know that I miss the Region yet - but I miss coming to your desk and paying to chat about all the things we used to complain about. Hopefully we can catch up on all the gossip when we get together for girls night in the near future!
Until then, take care and keep blogging!
Cass :)
Post a Comment