Friday, September 7, 2007

Big Girls Don't Cry

Well, I am back from Vegas, and it was a fantastic trip. But this entry is not about Vegas. I will save that for another day. Today's entry is full of sadness, anger, hope and love.

A really good friend of mine found out yesterday that she has to have her leg amputated. Because of Cancer. Her WHOLE FREAKIN' LEG. I am devastated for her. She has 3 young children that need their mama, a husband that needs his wife, parents that need their daughter, siblings that need their sister, and friends that need her.

Selfishly, I am taking this really hard. I can't imagine my life without this friend. I am also having a hard time with this, as she is the first person that I know to receive a diagnosis of Cancer since I have shaved my head. I did it to help SAVE someone's life, and I guess I was thinking (or maybe hoping) that I would never know that "someone" - well, now I know EXACTLY where I want the money to go to. I want to shave my head all over again, if it means keeping her around.

I am trying to be very positive, especially when I am around her. I had a good cry when I got off the phone with her last night, but I am refusing to cry in front of her. Emotionally, I am not strong - I cry over commercials, but something came over me last night that I just can't describe. I will be the Rock that she needs throughout this.

The surgery to remove her leg could take place as early as this Wednesday, so she has a lot to process right now. She is struggling with her emotions, and rightfully so. I feel very helpless right now. And I don't do well with that.

She is going to be okay. She has to be.

So, if you could just think good thoughts every now and then for her, I would really appreciate it.

I love you, Patty! :0)

Peace Out!
P~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking good thoughts :)